Parsecpooch Crochet Pattern
The Holy Trinity of Starfield plushie patterns is complete! Parsecpooch is now available everywhere my patterns are sold AKA Ko-Fi, Ravelry, and Etsy. It will cost more on Etsy, of course, so I encourage you to purchase from one of the other two. I don't want you to pay more. I don't want more money to go to the corporate overlords.
If you're looking for my FREE Wilby pattern, you can find it here.
Anywho, Parsecpooch. Here's the rundown:
This chunky little dog is an EASY-MODERATE difficulty pattern with some ADVANCED assembly if you choose to include a helmet. Without the helmet, the pattern is suitable for an adventurous beginner. There are lots of pictures to help you along the way! The pattern of course includes the instructions for BOTH versions.
Materials and Supplies
• Worsted weight yarn in white, black, red, and yellow/gold
o Less than 364 yards of each (364 yards is a regular skein of Red Heart Super Saver, which is what I used)
• Stuffing material
• A 4.5” plastic snow globe. I used one of these - https://a.co/d/eFd0A8U. Please note that this pattern is made with that snow globe in mind, so if you choose to use something different, you may have to make some tweaks to the pattern.
• Size F crochet hook
• Yarn needle
• Pins (optional, but recommended for positioning the parts before attaching – I use bobby pins)
• Stitch marker (optional, but recommended for marking the beginning/end of rnds)
• EYE/EYEBROW OPTIONS: You can crochet and stitch on the eyes and eyebrows OR sew on black fabric OR do felting on the face OR embroider the eyes and eyebrows on with yarn. Please, do whatever you think is best based on your skills and what you believe would look best. You do not have to do everything exactly how I have done if you think there’s a better way. Patterns are just suggestions. Seriously. I, personally, chose to embroider these details on with a bit of black yarn
• Ch: chain
• Sc: single crochet
• Sl: slip stitch
• Inc: increase
• Dec: decrease
• St/sts: stitch/stitches
• Rnd/rnds: round/rounds
• BLO: back loops only
• FLO: front loops only
There is a bit of surface crochet if you’re including the helmet.
Whip stitch/running stitch can be used to join the pieces. You can use whichever you prefer. Follow your heart.
Gauge: approx. 4 sts/in and 4 rows/in. Gauge usually isn’t a big deal with plushies, but I encourage you to make a gauge swatch if you plan to include a helmet because your gauge will affect how the head fits inside of the dome.
Finished Parsecpooch measures about 8.5” tall.
I will NOT be accepting commissions for Parsecpooch NOR Galacticat, but I am open to making Wilbys in custom colors. If/when I am open to commissioning the former two, I'll make a post on my Facebook page, so be sure to follow me there for regular updates.
Be sure to also check out my Ko-Fi if you'd like to throw a donation my way or become a monthly subscriber for exclusive Pokemon c2c patterns as well as discounts! I also knit, so there are sometimes knitting patterns.