Cybershade Mask - FINISHED
UPDATE 1/26/23: Looking at this, I'm really happy with it. My skills have improved a bit since and I'd make a much nicer one today if I remade it, but it wasn't a bad job at all! I had no idea what I was doing!
On a semi-related note, I have a crochet Star Whale pattern available as well as crochet Dalek beanies, if you have stumbled on this post. You can see what physical items I have available in my Etsy shop!
I wrapped my cybershade mask up earlier this week. I'd almost like to make a full suit, but let's be real - that shit would take forever. Here's a look at the last few steps as well as the finished mask.
After the paint dried I went back in with a wash. I used devlan mud by Citadel Paints. It worked great to bring out the details and give the whole thing a more worn look.
I used black panty hose to make the eyes and mouth. I cut appropriately sized pieces and glued them to the inside then went over the edges with more resin. I can still see through the eyes (not great, but I do have visibility and no one will need to hold my hand when I wear this thing).
Done! More or less. I need to put some padding inside for my face. I also noticed that the lighting in my pictures totally makes the black look navy, but it's black...I hope. The hair is also even. I tossed it down all willy-nilly for this final photo after hours spent finishing it when I thought it would be a "real quick" task. Oops.